Friday, April 3, 2009

Finally, an update!!

Okay, well it's been a while and a lot has been going on. It's only the first of April and my kindergartner has finished her year's worth of curriculum (Abeka). So, we are now waiting for the first grade set to arrive. Good thing it's Spring Break. Also, my sophomore is just about ready to switch to 11th grade also. It is going way too soon. He will be touring bible colleges soon with his youth group. He's not sure if he wants to go to a bible college or a liberal arts one. We'll see how that goes. It's coming too soon for me.

I'm in the process of recovering from the carpal tunnel release surgery and the removal of a tumor from my elbow. Both are slow going and I can't really grip anything with my hand right now. Hopefully, that will get better soon. We're using knitting as a therapy, which I LOVE! But, I have only gotten about 5 inches of an 8" square done in 4 days. It's really hard and my tension is off. Usually I'm a fairly tight knitter, right now, I'm just trying to get the stitches formed and I guess I'll have to settle for that for now.

We've started attending a different church. We've gone for about 2 months and we all really enjoy it. It's small and friendly and just really warm. I've known the minister since I was about 10, also, so that's good, too.

Craig has surprised us with another trip to Disney in a few weeks. It's a bonus before our regular trip in a few months, so we're all really excited. He'll be working for a lot of it, but he'll have weekends off. The kids are thrilled!

I've bonded with a great group of ladies that I've never met. They are funny, articulate and highly intelligent. It's been a pleasant surprise to see how close I could become to people that are scattered all over the place (in the U.S. and out) that I've never met (which will change soon!). What have we got in common? Knitting and Conservatism. It's a pleasure and a blessing to be with a group of people who are very diverse and yet share a common bond. I've been so blessed to find them all!

I took Alyssa shopping the other day for an Easter dress and she fell in love with one! It's white sleeveless with a very full skirt (4 layers of tulle and slips) with small embroidered flowers down the front of the skirt with a wide banded empire waistline. She looks every inch the princess that she knows she is, LOL. Now, I just have to alter it a wee bit before Easter. No problem at all with one hand and no ability to grip with the other, but challenges build strength, right! I bought another one (just in case), but she really wants to wear the white one, so I'll get it done somehow. With it being cool, she'll wear it with a pale pink shrug. The hardest part was finding shoes that didn't look like something someone 16 should be wearing them. Back to my pet peeve of styles for little girls being made to look like tarts. Grrrrr. What was that I said about challenges? Yeah, I'll have to remind myself of that one.

Well, new pics and such coming soon! God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment